Friday, July 3, 2009

California: Day 1

Okay. so on June 25th, I woke up at 4:30 and got dressed, got everything together, blah, blah, blah, then..........

5:00: Leave for the airport
5:57: Arrive at the airport
6:45: Board the plane
7:20: Take-off
9:07: Land
9:20: Get all our stuff at baggage claim, get our rental car, etc., etc., etc.
10:00: Leave for Santa Barbara
11:12: Arrive in Santa Barbara
11:15: Put all our stuff in my aunt's house
11:30: Go see my grandma at her assisted living home, talk for a while
12:17: Leave and go back to my aunt's house
12:49: Leave to go to Hope Ranch Beach. It was VERY windy and actually kind of cold. I didn't go in the water because.....well......I just didn't. There, we got a call from my 16 year old cousin, Sadye, who exclaimed to my aunt that "MICHAEL JACKSON JUST DIED!!!" It was on the news EVERYWHERE. After we got over that, my dad and I attempted to play some volleyball on the beach with little success because of the wind.
4:06: Get home from the beach and lay out in the sun on the back deck for a while. I shot some hoops on theie basketball hoop that was mounted above their garage door. (I need some more practice.) My uncle comes home and tells us about how cool Fenway Park is, and about those crazy Red Sox fans on the subway.
6:29: Come back in the house with my uncle and dad, and Uncle Bill puts out a cheese platter with Brie, Dubliner, and Goat cheese. I filled up on that really fast.
7:04: My mom and aunt get home from the store (it took them like 2 hours.) It was then that I was introduced to "Seventeen" magazine. It's....um......interesting.
9:01: We finally eat dinner of sausages and French Fries. My uncle brings out ketchup and this really spicy German mustard that he snuck home on the plane. I didn't eat much because I was already full of cheese. I went to bed after that, or tried to because my aunt, mom, and dad were all studying really old stuff that they found in my grandma's house, like my late grandfather's ashes, some really old silverware, and like 6 jewelry boxes.

No comments: