9:50: I am woken up by my mom. Wow I slept in!!!
10:30: We go to my grandma's place to go take her to the dentist. She can walk really well now, and doesn't stumble at the curbs.
10:55: Get to the dentist, then when Grandma goes in, we head downtown and walk around a bit. All the newspapers were headlining "King of Pop is dead at 50" We went into a bunch of stores (I had fun fooling around with the iPhones in the Apple store) then we went back to the dentist to get Grandma
11:48: We take Grandma out to lunch at the Mesa Cafe. I get a really good cheeseburger. ALL of the TV's are programmed to the Michael Jackson news, all the radios are blaring "Thriller." Mom and Dad were kind of miffed because Farah Fawcett died too, and she got, like, and inch-long article at the very bottom of the newspaper.
12:40: We take Grandma back to her place and say good-bye, then drive back to my aunt's house
1:20: We get home and lay out in the sun for a while again. I shot some hoops again. I wasn't much better than I was yesterday. I braided a few lanyards, drank a soda, just relaxed, or tried to because it was very hot. My back stuck to the lawn chair.
4:00: Leave and go to UCSB (where my dad went) to go to the Santa Barbara Foresters game. It's like a bunch of college guys who play in a summer league. They were playing the San Luis Obispo Rattlers. It was pretty fun. I got a really long hot dog and an ice cream sandwich. The announcer guy said that if a player hits a foul ball, you can collect it and take it to the announcing place, and you get a free Cold Stone gift card. My cousin Joe got one!! Anyway, when we left the game in the top of the 8th, it was 11-0 Foresters. Afterwards, we went to Cold Stone (I got Cheesecake w/ brownie) then we went home.
7:13: We get home and watch my mom, dad, aunt, and uncle eat Mexican food. I played some Wii Play for a while, then went back into the kitchen and found my grandma's old jewelry boxes out again. My dad gave my this really pretty green brooch, and this litte metal purse thingy that holds a tissue, 15 cents, and a mirror. It belonged to my great-grandma.
9:00: Go to bed!!


No comments:
Post a Comment